Wanaka Weddings Venue
“Thank you so much to Ann and Blyth for hosting us for 3 nights and our beautiful wedding!! You far exceeded every expectation and your beautiful property was adored by every single one of our 100 guests!! My bridesmaids and I absolutely loved our stay with you and the food you put on was exceptional. I would highly recommend Waiorau for a Wanaka wedding venue or a delightful place to stay!! Thank you again!!”
– Jamie and Paul
Weddings at Waiorau Homestead
Wanaka has been voted one of the top ten wedding destinations in the world. Our quiet rural retreat is set in 10 acres of mature gardens with a stream boundary and beautiful mountain views. Waiorau Homestead is the ideal four-season wedding location – blossoms in spring; white winter wonderland; golden autumn leaves or stunning blue summer skies. Our romantic location is ideal for all weddings from small intimate functions to large gatherings.
- Majestic tree-lined grounds
- Beautiful alpine setting
- Suitable for any size wedding – 2 people to 200 people
- Pre- and post-wedding catering on site – including family dinners, cocktail parties, barbeques
- Assistance with wedding planning
- Helicopter access directly at the homestead
- Wedding packages available (see below)
Planning Your Wedding
We will be happy to assist with the organisation of the wedding party’s requirements for your big day, including sourcing suppliers for flowers, hairdressing, makeup, photography etc. Alternatively, we can work in with Wanaka and Queenstown’s excellent selection of local wedding planners to make your day perfect. The Homestead is also the perfect venue for pre- and post-wedding activities, including cocktail parties, pre-wedding family dinners and post wedding functions including BBQ’s.
We also offer…
- Gourmet breakfasts
- Pre-dinner drinks & hors-d’oeuvres
- Selection of fine local wines – in particular world-class Central Otago Pinot Noir & Pinot Gris
- 3-course dinners
- Picnic lunches
- Pre or post-wedding cocktail parties
Wedding Accommodation Package (intimate weddings)
- 3 nights luxury accommodation for 2 people including gourmet cooked breakfast each morning.
- Exclusive use of Waiorau homestead on wedding night
- Wedding night 3 course dinner for 2 including a bottle of Central Otago wine (prepared by our resident chef).
- Wedding Cake
- Pre or post ceremony – platter of canapes & bottle of champagne
- Exclusive use of Waiorau Homestead & garden for ceremony if required.
- Fresh flowers, champagne & chocolate in your room.
All inclusive: NZ$1,700.00.
On Your Wanaka Honeymoon
There is a wide variety of activities on offer for honeymooners in the local area. We are situated close to Wanaka, and just 40 minutes from the “Adventure Capital of the World” – Queenstown. We would be delighted to make your bookings for you, and ensure this is a honeymoon to remember!
- Enjoy boating on Lake Wanaka or Lake Wakatipu
- Take off on a scenic flight– with a helicopter pad in front of The Homestead & Wanaka airport a 15 minute drive away
- Hike the numerous local world-class walking tracks
- Tackle some of the world’s best mountain-biking trails
- Take on adrenalin-filled heli-skiing, skiing and snowboarding on local peaks
- Wine tasting tours of the numerous Central Otago Wineries
- Stunning West Coast & Fiordland excursions are just a few hours away
- Sight-seeing and shopping trips to Wanaka & Queenstown
Depending on individual requirements, we will work with you to maximise your budget and ensure your wedding is everything you dreamed it would be!
Please email us for more information or check here for availability.
“Together with our bridal party of 8, my husband and I had exclusive use of the property over two nights and absolutely adored our time here. We hosted a wedding of 90 guests, together with marquee hire, external caterers, photographers etc and Ann and Blyth were extremely accommodating in helping pull everything together. Even towards the end of our wedding night Ann and Blyth were outside busy lighting dozens of tea light candles dotted all around the gardens. Just gorgeous. Little touches such as these, as well as their delicious cooked breakfasts, beautifully manicured grounds, relaxing spa under the vines and extremely comfortable plush bedrooms made our stay just perfect”.
– Nicky & Arron